CHRISTMAS ADVENT CALENDAR
Each gift bag included:
- Biscuits
- Coffee sachet
- Kinder chocolate
- Sweethearts
- Photograph (of us and/or our pets)
- A pair of fluffy socks
- Silk scrunchies
- Stickers
- Hot Wheels
The materials I've used were:
- Tissue paper
- Glue sticks
- Black ribbons
- Shimmer gold vinyl
- Gold metallic pen
- A4 card
- Hot glue sticks
The machines I used were CRICUT Joy and a hot glue gun... I think. If I remembered it correctly.
I've become waste-conscious with my crafting projects because they cost a lot of money to make, so a lot of net/designs utilise as much A4 card as possible. This is when I severely miscalculated how many items I can fit into one bag, because this bag ended up being a bit too small lol
I started doing a pixel design because it was a lot faster to cut, easier to pick and place, and I think it consumes fewer resources? I don't know. These designs include things like horns, halos, wings, hearts, clouds; the design layout was inspired by trophies. These images were taken from my deviantart.com/o4311 (I was too lazy to make collages, so I used a snipping tool, copied and pasted).
I had to layer my designs differently so I'd save my resources by miles, but it might mean spending more time transferring the stickers over without using transfer tape. Great thing about pixel is that I can already see the grid/reference points of where everything should be, so it's OK.
I remember I couldn't finish these in time before my boyfriend came over. I thought I'd be quick, so I disappeared for like 4 hours, and I wasn't even finished. My boyfriend helped me for another 2-4 hours. It didn't really matter if he saw what was in those bags anyway; it's the element of surprise and daily rewards for Christmas! Something he can use, he can eat, and keep!
Some bags were unlabelled, and I ran out of ribbon, so they had to be paired with a number and opened at another time; if he opened a bag on the 4th day of Christmas, then he can open the other bag or wait for the other 4th day of Christmas after the 12th day of Christmas. So... like either on the day or the 16th, if that makes sense? Anyway, as an example, here is what he would receive when he opens the bag! Just something to treat my baby when I'm not there (:
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG & STUDIOS


