VALENTINE'S DAY


I'm not averse to greeting cards because I think the gesture means a lot more; it's just I like multi-functional things, and it's what I want to strive for. Valentine's Day has always been my favourite holiday, and I've celebrated it yearly even when I was single. This took me 6 hours to make, and I used card, string, and those self-adhesive foam pads. I think the heart on flames emoji is one of my favourites, and I wanted to celebrate how long we've been together, soon to be my longest relationship yet.

This is a mock-up of what I wanted to do. I think at this point, I still had access to Adobe Creative Suite from being a university student, because I definitely did not make this in Krita. It's a little hard to see even when I've added shadows because the whole thing is all-black, but essentially it has the date of when we made it official and one of the first photos we took together (in my phone anyway).


These are the templates, notes, and references I've designed and laid out in Krita. I think the font was taken from a website that does cool free fonts, and it was called something like "Judas" or something. Layered design is the answer to making anything all-back because the shadows bring depth, and materials bring texture. 



It took me forever to cut out the letters. I think at this point, I was still learning to use a crafting blade, but also, the scale was really tiny, like a lot smaller than I had hoped. But it turned out great! At least it was a simple-ish shape (':






THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG & STUDIOS