STORYBOOK

This was inspired by a picture I saw on the internet; it was an illustration of an astronaut and a diver. The story I wrote was,

"There was once an astronaut who lived in the nebula
With as many opportunities as stars that she can see
Always travelling alone, with no place called 'Home',
She decided to visit the deep blue sea

There lived her male counterpart
A diver with an impressive collection of art
He had always wondered about the endless possibilities in space
And there she stood; the golden ticket to the astronomical place

No matter the amount of beauty she saw before
His copper brilliance will always outshine the diamond rain
No matter the amount of treasure he valued before
There was nothing more golden than a woman taking her reign

Together, they shared secrets and embarked
On a journey somewhere, wherever

She took him to the sky to sight-see her favourite stars
She traversed through the constellation for more than just Mars
She can tell a million stories about wandering through the universe
But nothing can compare to her favourite lover

He brought her down to explore sunken museums
He swam across oceans, free of overseers
He could spend a lifetime looking for untouched wealth
But nothing will be as worthy as herself

For as long as we are together
I will love you for eternity
And I hope we can continue our long embrace
On an adventure to somewhere, wherever"


A paragraph goes on the left, and illustrations go on the right. In hindsight, I didn't think too much about how the book would open and be read; I just had a vision for a heart-shaped book lmao


I think I designed this in Adobe Illustrator, but I was making an eventual transition to use Krita because Adobe Creative Suite was plaguing my computer, and I was nearing the end of my foundational years at university. I included margins and where I wanted to punch a hole in the card; these templates were printed out on thermal paper, and all text were copied because I didn't think too hard about how I was going to transfer them, or how I was going to trace them with black card.

Additionally, I did not design this font. It was just found on google images because I once found a picture of someone who integrated hearts into their calligraphy, and I just really liked that a lot. I'm obsessed with all things heart-shaped.


However, I did design the illustrations and had to scale them with the template I was making. The section in the middle is where the text goes; I lightly traced some faint lines with a pencil (because I can't write straight) and then just, sort of, did my very best to trace as hard as I could, then giving up and just writing it with the neatest possible version of my own handwriting (which is already terrible).


Then I finished it off with some cute little paper stars on some nylon string (: so charming! I rounded/softened the edges with hot glue because the cardboard was a bit sharp, and then I coloured the card and paper with some permanent marker just to blend it a little bit.

THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG & STUDIOS